RE: Car Audio Amps.

To: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Car Audio Amps.
From: type79@ix.netcom.com
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 10:13:48 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
8 tracks were a tape system that was very popular in the 70's and used
primarily in cars. They succeeded 4 track systems and worked on a tape loop.
For details go here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/8-track_cartridge

The 45rpm auto turntable I referred to was a turntable specifically designed to
operate off a 12 volt electrical system that had it's own internal
dampening/suspension system. They weren't too popular, probably because they
didn't work all that well.

jay fishbein
wallingford, ct