Re: How were Spridets sold originally?

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: How were Spridets sold originally?
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 22:56:30 -0600
----- Original Message -----
From: "derf" <derf247@gmail.com>
To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sent: Friday, November 10, 2006 10:20 PM

> =======================
>
> I had a 73 240Z. It was called a Datsun yet then, but the valve cover said
> Nissan.
>

> LD

And that is one heck of a car to have.

Yeah, since then I have had some supposedly more desirable cars like a 65
Sting Ray convertible and a 911 Targa.  I liked the 240Z the best.  And I
really don't miss the 911 at all.  Though, I would like to have the Vette
back.

The way I heard it, when Nissan first started selling cars to the U.S.
market, they thought "Nissan" sounded too Japanese.  This was back when
"made in Japan" meant cheap junk.

LD