Re: Clueless - hub puller

To: James Pickard <geowiz.sgy@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Clueless - hub puller
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 20:43:27 -0500
James Pickard wrote:

> I got a 1-7/8" socket and removed the nut on the rear hub.  Now I need a hub
> puller to get to the oil seal.  Where do I get a hub puller?  The guy at
> Autozone was even more clueless than I am.

You need a simple 2 arm puller and a couple of suitable large washers to
just fit over the hole in the axle so the puller has something to push
against. If I recall, an old trunion bronze washer works perfect.
Any auto store or horrible freight has a 2 arm puller for under 10 bucks.
Autozone hires the helpless just to P*$$ you off.
No retarded auto on the otherhand only hires the handicapped because
they are fun to watch.
Pepboys doesn't hire anybody except for 1 old lady at the check out.
It amazes me that these places stay in business with idiots behind the
counter and cheesy auto parts. But I guess if you sell enough peanuts
and gummy bears, you do real well in the auto parts business.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ