Re: Side curtain felt help please

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Side curtain felt help please
From: Bob Kitterer <bkitterer@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 21:03:44 -0800
Phil,

Get a small piece of scrap material the same thickness as the sliding
windows, plastic is better than metal.  Cut the felt, from any fabric
store, into strips about one inch wide.  Put some adhesive in the
bottom of the track. Not to much or you will have a solid mat of glue
felt.  I use an appliance adhesive and just put a drop every few
inches. Then use the scrap to press the felt in the track.  The felt
will/should extend beyond the edges of the track.  Once the glue has
dried take the scrap and place it in the track and press against one
side. Use and exacto blade to cut the felt even with the top of the
track with the scrap as a cutting board.

Hope that helps.

Bob Kitterer

1960 Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk III (Trevor, in boxes)