Re: no LBC........ GM Futurliner bus Barrett-Jackson

To: "Peter Shull" <pdx.pete@verizon.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: no LBC........ GM Futurliner bus Barrett-Jackson
From: "Dan Gillitzer" <danginah@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 04:20:16 -0600
First 102" wide bus, real groundbreaking design (other than being so ugly
it's cool), before that most buses were 96" wide. If you've been through a
modern 102" wide bus, try imagining it with the center aisle 6" narrower.
They had some REAL narrow seating in those days. Also first bus with an
air-operated door (instead of the school bus style mechanical rod), pretty
standard stuff in motorcoaches these days.
Dan