2 days to SOS '06, the Winter of Our Discontent part 1

To: "'spridgets net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>,
Subject: 2 days to SOS '06, the Winter of Our Discontent part 1
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 12:40:05 -0600
Part 1

Well Youse Guys,

Here we are, just 2 days from SOS '06, the Winter of Our Discontent. For
those of you new to this deal. SOS refers to Save our Sprites or Save Our
Spridgets. We were inspired a number of years ago by the eastern group OSHIT
(Organized Sprite Handymen in Transit). A similar group, the "Buster
Cluster" sprang up put west this summer.

So, what is it? Well, it's a number of things. It's a gathering of the
faithful. It's a party. It's work. It's meals. It's go kart racing. It's a
homo club (ok. so that one got to you a little, didn't it? Let's just say
it's an excuse for a bunch of guy to get together.).

When? This Friday and Saturday. the 24th and 25th. You know. the days after
Thanksgiving where you have nothing to do, nowhere to go, and can't wait to
get away from the relatives you're saddled with on Thursday.

Where? Team Thicko International Headuarters, at the Dream Farm. between
Fond du Lac and Oshkosh in Wisconsin.

Time? 9AM to 5PM We'll be serving breakfast and lunch, and go out somewhere
local for dinner Friday night.

What the hell are we doing? What's it all about? Well, we gather "en masse"
and work on car projects. Maybe you have something you just can't seem to
get done on your own (Terry), and need help finishing it. Maybe you're "over
your ski's" when it comes to assembling an engine? Maybe you want to learn
how to take a car apart, or learn how to put one together?

The Projects. We have 3 Spridgets to strip for parts. If the weather
cooperates, we'll power wash and sandblast the components we remove. We're
going to fabricate a tilt front end for Bud Pazur's race car, using steel
Spridget bonnet & fenders. We'll assemble Kris Larsen's freshly painted race
car. We'll do one or two engine rebuilds. We'll remove and replace an
engine.

Who's invited? You are. Your friends are. Your family is. (yes, wives and
children).

What else are we doing? There will be some go-kart racing on the Dream
Farm's 1/8th mile, 20' wide, paved, 2 bank turn go-kart track. If you want
to ride the karts, make sure you bring a heavy jacket (preferably leather) ,
some gloves, and, in Dave Leib's case, real shoes (no sandals allowed).  We
also have a slot car track, and a very cool vintage race PC video game. In
fact, if anyone has a steering wheel/pedal set for a PC, bring it along, and
we can do some head to head network racing.

Wm. Severin Thompson

wsthompson@thicko.com

www.thicko.com <http://www.thicko.com/>

image001.jpg]