Re: Dinner

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Dinner
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 20:39:25 -0600
Strangely enough, not a lick of bird passed my lips today.

I got up a bit early so that I could join the annual parade of MG club
members to the Rock. This year we were commemorating the Eleventy-first
anniversary of the first automobile race in the country, Thanksgiving Day of
1895, Duryea won. Therefore, there is a boulder just west of the Musuem of
Science and Industry with a great slab of bronze on the side to mark the
start (and end) of the race. A decent man on a bicycle could have done the
route twice in the time they took (about 7.5mph average speed) and gone back
again looking for them, but nobody asked you, did they?