Re: Smoking 1275

To: Phil Nase <nase@ptd.net>
Subject: Re: Smoking 1275
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 21:27:45 -0500
Phil Nase wrote:

> Ever since I put the 1275 back in the BE after the 5 speed conversion it's a
> real smoker.  Until its warmed up it looks like a mosquito control truck.
> Definitely oil smoke.

The slow oil drainage is typical on a cold engine.
But check the drain holes, run a coat hanger or wire down them to clean
them out.
Also, with a warmed up engine, look and see how much oil remains in the
valve cover a minute after you shut it down. There should be no
significant oil sitting.
Some yes.
Do you have a PCV? Is is sucking oil out of the block?
Dirty oil seperator in the timing cover.
All it is is a stainless steel pot scrubber pad available at all
supermarkets. Very coarse steel wool.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ