Re: bench grinders & break

To: "Linda Grunthaner" <grunthaner@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: bench grinders & break
From: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 07:54:03 -0600
I DO NOT recommend HF or Homier for grinders.  I tried one, for $19.99 and
it turns but doesn't have enough torque to do anything good.  I found an 8"
DeWalt online for $99 shipped and it is a good grinder.

http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DW758-Heavy-Bench-Grinder/dp/B0000224J4/sr=1-1/qid=1165413001/ref=sr_1_1/105-0412654-5024414?ie=UTF8&s=hi

I DO recommend Harbor Freight if you want an inexpensive brake.  They are
almost exactly like the ones from Grizzly and some others.  But, with stuff
made in China, you usually have to tweak the tools to get them to work
right.  Think of it as a "Metal Brake Kit".

http://da.harborfreight.com/cpisearch/web/search.do?keyword=brake&Submit=Go