Snake oil or rust prevention ?

To: <Assn@justbrits.com>,<Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Snake oil or rust prevention ?
From: Robert Duquette <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 10:38:05 -0500
http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-parts-accessories-Rust-Corrosion-Protection-Module-for-SUVs-and-cars-W0QQAdIdZ8006528

Pictures in ad.

This is the Rust Module sold by most car dealerships for about $600.

I picked up a bunhch of them straight from the manufacturer and I am selling
them brand new.

Search Google and you will see that many large dealerships carry it.
http://www.google.ca/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-28,GGLG:en&q=Canadian+"Platinum+Shield+Protection";

Such as:
Ford
Suzuki
Subaru
Hyundai
Honda
Mazda
Smart Car

How it works
You need to first know - How rust forms
This product removes the free electrons by creating a positively charged
surface and the rate of rust forming is severely reduced to less than 1/10th.
Under proper installation, many vehicles never see any rust at all with years
of driving through Canadian salted winter roads! Vehicles already with some
rust can severely slow the spread of rust to a factor of 1/10th.
Platinum Shield Protection Benefits and Features
Protects your car where oil sprays can never reach
Easily install in 15 minutes. Only 3 wires!
Protects your battery from drain --> automatically shuts off if battery voltage
drops below 12V.
Solid State Technology -- No moving parts
Can last longer than your engine every will
Can be easily moved from car to car
External fuse -- the Platinum Protection fuse can be replaced easily with a
standard car fuse which you can get at Wal-mart.
Some competitor rust protectors will require you bringing it to the dealer to
be repaired because the fuse is internal to the box, and some are not fused at
all!
All install hardware are included
Works both with Cars and trucks.
Very thorough installation instructions included

For most effective install:
Ensure that electrical connections are tight and that the blue signal wire is
mounted somewhere on the body that is at least 4 feet away from the battery
ground. This would ensure the most effective range of coverage.
I have installed my unit with the blue wire all the way to the other end of the
car and over 4 years of ownership in Canada, I have not seen a spec of rust.
Due to the self-install nature of this auction, the factory guarantee on
no-rust perforation does not apply.