Re[2]: NC Inspection Exemption???

To: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Subject: Re[2]: NC Inspection Exemption???
From: Bill L <pythias@pacifier.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 16:44:15 -0800
Hello derf,

       if you have the typical hagerty policy, there is NO set amount
       of miles that one can drive in a given year. i believe the
       "general rule" is around 5000, but it does allow what is
       called, "limited pleasure driving"...

       i live in western washington state. if the roads are dry, i
       take the car out for a spin, that qualifies as very limited
       driving! (in my book, and that of my insurance agent too!) if
       the roads are wet the car stays in the garage.

       i don't know the california rules, but in washington state,
      it says,

Collector vehicles MAY be driven:

    * to and from auto shows, circuses, parades, displays, special excursions,
      and antique car club meetings.
    * for testing purposes.
    * for the pleasure of others without compensation.

    again there is no hard and fast rule as the amount of miles
    allowed per annum. .. ..

    now then, .. seems like i'm ALWAYS testing something when i drive
    the sprite even if its only the reliability! .. hmmm yes officer i
    just put on a new ____________ and am seeing how well it works,
    just tuned the carbs? etc, etc, .. and

    every time i take it out i see someone smile ... i'm, making THEM
    happy just to see me (well the car anyway) and i never charge them
    anything to look!

--
Best regards,
 Bill                            mailto:pythias@pacifier.com