Re: Hub stubs install

To: Phil Nase <nase@ptd.net>
Subject: Re: Hub stubs install
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 19:49:33 -0500
Phil Nase wrote:

> I'm afraid of whacking them too hard because I don't want to screw up the
> hubs or ruin the splines.  What's the procedure?  Thanks.

Phil

I have replaced a few and the new ones never seat all the way until I
bolt on the wheel. Then check it again by removing the wheel and making
sure the stud is fully home.
I do have a hydraulic press but it's one of those horrible freight jobs
that bent the first time it was used. That was 5 years ago and I still
haven't found out what good it is. It sure as hell doesn't press
anything but my patience ;)

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ