Re: Good Stuff At Horrible Frait - no lbc

To: "derf" <derf247@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Good Stuff At Horrible Frait - no lbc
From: rrengineer@dslextreme.com
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 20:18:39 -0800 (PST)
I fly ARFs, kits and anything else including the R/C simulator I have in
my computer.  I have a radio with a trainer cord and slave box just as you
described and I teach anyone that wants to learn on a Sig Senior Kadet.
It's a huge (80" wingspan) kite.  It's powered by a .70 4 cycle O.S.
engine.  You can walk next to it while you land it in a light headwind.  I
also into antique R/C flying and particularly like single channel
flappers.  I have 6 working Ace Pulse Commanders and 3 working (one new in
the box) Mattel single channel outfits. Right now I am finishing up a Carl
Goldberg Jr. Falcon with an Ace single channel radio and Cox .049 engine.
Should be a great flyer.  It never fails at the flying field that someone
new to R/C will walk up and ask me what is wrong with my radio because the
rudder is constantly flapping back and forth.  I just pick up the airplane
with the engine running launch it into the air and ask him, "what?" over
the sound of the Cox turning 14K rpm.  The look on his face is priceless.
He is even more  astonished that I can do almost anything his 4 channel
can do, except throttle down.  He is even more amazed when I land it in my
hand.  Oh, yes, I've had everything that R/C flys from single channel to
ducted fan jets, but I keep coming back to the simple stuff.
Mike

derf