Re: Sticking Throttle

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sticking Throttle
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 20:03:41 -0600
Just be glad you are not dealing with an E-Type Jag and its 150 pieces to
operate the throttle!!!

As far as dashpot oil, there are more opinions than there are SU carbs. The
fluid is a tuning factor in the carb. Too thin and you will be too lean on
acceleration; too thick and it will be too rich and take too long to open
the dashpot. There were some Volvos that used ATF in the SU dashpots, but
most people run motor oil in there. I would be a little concerned about
mixing ATF with 3-in-1, but it will probably be ok. If you are getting a
flatspot when you accelerate, I would move to 30wt motor oil.
David Lieb