re: Obscure MP3s (More!) - No LBC

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: Obscure MP3s (More!) - No LBC
From: "conan" <conan@intrex.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 21:09:46 -0500
  Okay, since we're getting onto lost music...  :-)

  There were both Bluegrass and (mild) Rock versions of songs who's main theme
was to NOT marry a -pretty- woman (if you want to be happy).  ;-)
  I do not know who did either song and have never even heard the bluegrass
version.
  The chorus(?) of the rock version includes the lines:

     If you want to be happy for the rest of your life,
   never make a pret-ty woman your wife.
     So from my particular point of view
   get an ugly girl to marry you!

  I would like to locate a copy of each of these, especially the bluegrass
version, for my brother.  (He never heard of the rock version, I never heard of
the bluegrass version.  May be totally different songs.
  Interestingly, I like bluegrass better than rock.  My brother likes rock
better than bluegrass. :-) :-) :-)
  We have no idea who did either song or their actual titles!
  Anyone else know?
 Ed in NC