Re: Depot Oil

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Depot Oil
From: Chris M West <chris_west@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 10:55:21 -0500
Jim wrote:

 Also went to refill the dashpots, couldn't find any ATF Fluid on the
shelf so I added a small anmount of 3 In One Household Oil. Too thick,
thin, just about right? Problems mixing with ATF Fluid?
-----------------------------------
Jim - I have used 3 in 1 oil in my dashpots since the 60s with no ill
effects.  It is a little thicker than ATF ( which is about SAE 10) but
thinner than 30w motor oil.  The 2 should be compatible, both being
petroleum based.  The ATF has more detergent action than regular oil but
this should not be a factor.  The biggest advantage to the 3 in 1 is that
it comes in a handier sized self dispensing container that you can carry
with you in the car,  In fact, when I had my Volvo 122S I carried it
under the hood on the inner fender, tucked behind a wiring harness.

Chris

AN5L35578