I'm Gonna Build Me A Raritee

To: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: I'm Gonna Build Me A Raritee
From: Jay Fishbein <type79@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 13:35:15 -0500
(see below)
We know this goes-on and all the more reason to doubt claims from
strangers.

To quote the ever doubtful Jay Fishbein "Before you put that a car in
your garage, make sure you know where it's been".

--

jay fishbein
wallingford, CT

http://home.ix.netcom.com/~type79/ <http://home.ix.netcom.com/%7Etype79/>

"Some mornings it's just not worth knawing through the leather straps."
Emo Phillips

 From this weeks e-Hemmings:

    Muscle Cars

The hijinks continue
We recently heard about someone going to a Pontiac show and copying down
the VIN of a real GTO Judge. He then sent this VIN to Pontiac Historical
Services and, for $35, he received a legitimate build sheet for a Judge.
The scoundrel then altered the document to match the VIN of a Judge
clone and sold the car for $30,000, using the forged PHS document as
proof of the car's "authenticity." PHS can't be held liable, and Jim
Mattison, the company owner, has no way of knowing who is sending in a VIN.
It gets better. A man in New York is selling an Oldsmobile engine and
even tells you how to make it into a much more valuable W-30 engine.
How? The seller wisely won't do it, but tells you how so he cannot be
held liable. Simply grind the bottom line off the "E" on the block and
turn it into an "F." That two-second operation with a grinder makes the
engine a W-30. To further sweeten the pot, he will sell you a
reproduction W-30 intake for an additional $400. Let the buyer beware.
- By George Mattar