Possible to remove hood/bonnet by oneself?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Possible to remove hood/bonnet by oneself?
From: Adrian Jones <adrianjones747@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 19:32:49 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
Hi Folks,

Here is my next project:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a241/AdrianJones34/ProjectCar1.jpg

Would it be possible to remove the hood by myself?

I could invite the neighbour over to help but then I would have to listen to
him for 3 hours while he drinks all my beer.

I'm thinking of running a rope from the latch on the underside of the hood
(bonnet), over the top of the car and securing it to the trunk (boot) handle.

Then again, is it too unwieldly and heavy for one guy?

(I'm also thinking of securing a rope from the hood to an upstairs window.
There is a little voice telling me not to do that but there is also a bigger
voice that says "Go for it!")

There's only 4 bolts and it is not one of those spring loaded hoods.

Anybody got advice?

Regards,  Adrian