Re: No LBC---Health Insurance

To: Nory <nory@buffnet.net>
Subject: Re: No LBC---Health Insurance
From: William McLeod <wbmcleod@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 12:20:10 -0700
My ex-wife, who became a Canadian citizen about 20 years ago, has
some fairly serious health issues, and couldn't be happier with the
Canadian plan.  Since she spends winters in AZ, she gets a balanced
view.  I have a Medicare supplement, somewhat run as a universal
coverage system for geezers, and feel about the same way.  Until I
turned 65, I simply could not afford health insurance at all.  Now
there are over 43 million men, women and children in the same boat!
In addition, health care in the USA is generally rated well below
most other western European and some Asian countries, so we are
effectively paying the highest prices in the world for what is
essentially second-rate care.  Don't get me started!

Apologies to all who feel that I am abusing an auto list.... ;>)

Bill