Re: A tale of 2 bums and a Mexican immigrant (absolutely no

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: A tale of 2 bums and a Mexican immigrant (absolutely no
From: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 23:01:40 -0600
Hurricane Katrina brought out the good and the bad in people.  It exposed
the character of many people.  Many people were heroes.  I volunteered at a
shelter.  I met some real heroes.  I now have a whole new opinion of the Red
Cross.  I will never give them another donation.  I met come crazy people.
I saw one lady claim to be a nurse and actually treat patients for three
days before the doctors asked about her credentials.  She had none, wasn't a
nurse.  The National Guard asked her to leave.  I saw people last week who
were displaced by the storm and moved to a community of about 200 trailers,
each about 10 by 20 feet.  The place where they lived in New Orleans was
destroyed.  The didn't own the place.  The government gives them a check
every month.  They do nothing and have no desire to do anything.  They have
a place to stay and free money each month.  Why should they want to change
anything?  Why get a job when the government will pay you to do nothing?
Many of these types of people were transported to Houston.  Now they're
Houston's problem.

I dislike footing the bill for leeches.  I hate it when the person in front
of me at the grocery store buys shrimp and steak with food stamps(or the
modern equivalent), and then pays cash for a carton of smokes and a cart
full of alcohol.

OK, enough ranting.  Someone please ask an LBC question.