Re: Leave it to the Chinese to mess up

To: spritenut@comcast.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Leave it to the Chinese to mess up
From: KrkLH@cs.com
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 15:32:28 EST
"Modern Gentleman" like Datsun's "Fair Lady."  What a bunch of crap.

This will be an unrealiable piece of crap little car that hopefully will tank
here in the US.  I would love to see it go down the tubes.  However, due to
the low price point there will most likely be enough people who will jump for
it.

Wonder what the warranty will be from the dealers?  The warranty returns
might be like Harley in the 70's when owned by AMF.  The guy that owns the
local
Harley dealer here in town owned a dealership during the AMF period.  He told
me personally that most of the bikes he sold came back for warranty work which
involved a complete new valve job to keep them on the road.   I would think
that people should be very wary of the quality of metalurgy that goes into any
Chinese "engine".

My 3 cents - I hate to see a foreign country like China fool with the
bloodline of a car like the MG.

Kirk
1275 '59