Rebuilt Spridget motor for sale

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Rebuilt Spridget motor for sale
From: dbcooper292@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 14:13:55 -0500
    Need to cut a few grand and a few months from your languishing spridget
rebuild? Help has arrived!

 It's a 1500 (wait - don't delete this message yet, you'll see!). I did it with
info from Tom Speed, who had built club winning 1500s that really held up. The
oil galleries have been embiggened, an extra oil line goes to the valve train,
it's balanced, the flywheel's lightened, the thrust washers are pinned in
place, the middle main got increased oil feed, pistons are flat tops, the head
was shaved a touch, it has a header, carb and cam all for midrange (the
downdraft weber). The cam is from the TPR or TRP or whatever that place is,
it's a nice unit. All the work and assembly was done by pros, I've never been
in it farther than adjusting the valves and retorquing the head, which I've
been good about. New timing set. It has probably 4,000 miles since the rebuild
and 67K total. The clutch is a good one, slave cylinder is new (cheap Moss
unit), it's running a Crane EI unit, the boxy one not the hidden one. There's a
plate over the fuel pump hole, I have an electric and the kind of fuel
regulator from summit that's not a piece of chinese sh*t, the valve springs are
new, it's a nice motor.

 It's always been run with an oil cooler and I have an additional little
radiator hooked to the heater taps so the temps have been under control at all
times. It pulls smooth from 800rpm or so, pulls hard from 1500, it would pull
to 5K but honestly it's done all it's going to by 4,200 so I usually shift it
in the high threes. The buyer is welcome to the four speed, it makes a noise in
first but has always worked great, I have an extra rear if someone wants that.
My understanding when I did the motor was similar builds make about 100hp.

 I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff about the motor, feel free to contact me. I
spent 5K on it, I want 1K for it (firm) and whatever other parts someone wants.
I'm in CT. I don't want to sell the whole car, it's not really safe. The buyer
can have the Monza muffler if he/she wants it. Feel free to tell you sh*tfire
friends.

 Thanks and happy new year! My best to you all.

 DB
    Check out the new AOL. Most comprehensive set of free safety and security
AOL Mail and more.

AOL Mail and more.