bug-eye gas pedal update

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: bug-eye gas pedal update
From: "James Pickard" <geowiz.sgy@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 08:06:04 -0600
Thanks to this list, my problem was easily solved.  Someone mentioned the
welded on nuts under the car for the gas pedal mount.  I looked under the
car, and sure enough, there they were.  And there were bolts sticking out of
each.  But what were they attached to?  Looking more closely at the
"triangular metal piece" I described earlier, I realized that it was
actually the base of the old gas pedal!  It was bend back, covering the
heads of the bolts!  All I had to do was bend it back upright and unbolt it
(the bolts rather curiously seemed to be a metric size).  There is still one
more strange twist to the story.  The new gas pedal had two holes in
opposing corners of the base, but they were the opposite corners of the
holes in the floor board!  I simply drilled two new holes and installed the
pedal.  Thanks again to this list for saving me from unnecessarily hacking
up my car.

Jim Pickard
B9473298 ('65 Tiger)
AN5L/12109 ('59 Sprite)