Re: The best inexpensive cooling system

To: Mike Rivers <beatlemikey@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: The best inexpensive cooling system
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 20:39:14 -0500
Mike Rivers wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What is the better of the three cooling systems in
> anyone's general experiences?

The verticle and cross flows are identicle as Ron did all the figuring
on a couple years ago. The only difference was looks and hoses.
Both cool the same.
My Metro radiator colled my Sprite alot better than a fresh recored
stock down flow. But I do have a very small air intake grille opening
and the metro rad with electric fan seems to have done the trick.
As for price, I paid $25 for the metro rad and fan from a junk yard.
They are now around $40 used.
Chinese repro radiators are close to $200 from the suppliers.
Recored originals are running $200.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ