Re: Spark plug wire order on distributor cap - plus a few new

To: "Robert Weeks" <lists@woozy.com>
Subject: Re: Spark plug wire order on distributor cap - plus a few new
From: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 10:10:12 -0600
I think the 700 is very good and the 3000, while maybe better, isn't worth
the extra expense in a situation like yours.

I've been adapting steering wheels to fit stock 70s Midget hubs but I
haven't tired on the 69.  If anyone has an extra 69 steering wheel hub they
can send I'll see what I can do with it.   There were several different hub
splines and horn arrangements over the years.  Adapting the wheel to the hub
means you can have a decent wheel for around $50.  I bought a cheapie
leather wheel off ebay for $23.  You could buy a similar wheel for $23 and
get a Momo or compatible hub for less than $100 total.  Basically, if you
steering wheel looks like this:
http://i20.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/80/e3/6f95_1.JPG  then it can be made to
look like this:
http://i18.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/84/ag/dadf_3.JPG

I went from 15" to 13" but you can find larger or smaller wheels that can be
fit.  You can always spring for those Mo$$ or MechSpec or VB wheels, which
are nice, but pricey.