Sticking carbs

To: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Sticking carbs
From: "Dale Gleason" <inaverysmallroom@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 15:37:38 -0600
(1275 74' Midget)

Disassmebled my carbs and linkages.
Cleaned the works, replaced the gaskets.
Two questions..

Am I right to assume that the end of the jet assembly that enters the float
bowl just "snugly slides in".
That is how it comes out. That is how I put it back. Bit it really sings of
imperfection. I mean it is a snug little fit but....what ...... Is the push
pull of fuel so strong that there isn't opportunity for seapage ?

And to tie that in....

My front jet assembly likes to stick when I am bench testing it. I have
cured a lot of the stickyness  by tweaking the float bowl/ carb connector
bolt and linkage assembly....

What else should I look for ?

I really feel like a lot of the tension placed upon the needle is from the
actual fuel line of the jet assembly that is curved but tightly fit between
the carb and the base of the float bowl....

I know what I am doing Saturday.

Miles Herndon
(not Dale)
inaverysmallroom@hotmail.com