Re: Sway Bars

To: "Bill L" <pythias@pacifier.com>, "Spridgets"
Subject: Re: Sway Bars
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 18:13:53 -0600
>        the point is unless one is going to be adding a rear bar of
>        some sort, stay away from 3/4" or 7/8" bars .. street OR
>        race! ??????????????????????????? ??????
>
>        my usual disclaimer... i don't know anything about these
>        cars.. correct me if i'm wrong.

You are wrong ;-)
Hey, you asked for it!

Anyway, Bill Perry of Rivergate fame assures me that a
Spridget with semi-elliptics tends to handle best with a 3/4"
front sway bar and no rear bar. Since I do not have the
money or expertise to conduct the empirical tests to
prove him wrong, I went with his recommendation and
I am quite happy with it.
David Lieb
1972 RWA  with 3/4" sway bar