Leaky Stromberg

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Leaky Stromberg
From: Adrian Jones <adrianjones747@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 12:30:12 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
Hi Folks,

The 1500 Midget has been pressed into getting me to work, despite it being
freezing weather here in NC.

Unfortunately, the ZS (with manual choke) has decided to leak fuel.  This
weekend I cleaned the carb up and then let it idle from cold and then blipped
the throttle when warm.  After about 20 min of running, it was still dry as a
bone - looking at the underneath of the carb with a mirror and feeling around.

Anyways, came back half an hour later and, sure 'nuf, gas was pooling on the
home-made heat shield.  (Hey!  Anyone got a proper heat shield for sale?).

I'm guessing sticking float needle, which on this carb means removing carb from
engine and dismantling.

Anybody got any other ideas before I start tearing the thing apart?  (It has
the mechanical fuel pump and also a Purolator pressure regulator set at 2 psi.)

Regards,  Adrian