Re: My eBay Sprite - update

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: My eBay Sprite - update
From: "Dave G." <dmg@bossig.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 20:45:36 -0800
Frank,

Thank you for your input

> Also a metal tag behind the frint carb in the block (riveted) would
> say 1275 or 1100.
I just went out and had another look... there is no metal tag at that
location or anywhere on the RH side, maybe it was removed by a PO.

> Timing covers from 1098s and 1275s are interchangable
The PO has fitted a bronze air compressor right angle connector into
the Oil filler cap (push fit!) and fed that to the 'Y' pipe between the
SU's. Definitely NOT correct!. Would I need a rocker cover with the 'L'
pipe coming out of it?? I don't know what the effect would be if I just
blocked off the feeds to the SU's.

> There is a chassis ID number stamped into the frame near the right
> front shock usually covered in grease and/or paint.
I'm guessing that I'd have to pull the front right wheel off... Looking
at the front right shock area,,,, would it be to the left or right of
the lower wish-bone??

Thank you for your time..

Dave G.