No LBC - Made in China

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: No LBC - Made in China
From: <bushwacker4@zoomtown.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 15:15:47 -0500
My old soldering gun sorta puked finally last week. The tip on it broke into
two pieces. I have had it as long as I can remember (at least 25 years) and
although I don't use it much, it did get a lot of use over all those years. It
is a Triumph (almost LBC content) that was made in Taiwan.

So I go to RadioSmak to get a replacement tip for it. You know, the heavy flat
wire bent in half with round shanks where it fits into the gun... They only
carry Weller replacement tips now. They have square shanks on them and cost
$1.99 plus tax. I thought about trying to fit it to my gun but then saw a
RadioSmak brand soldering gun on sale for $9.99. Upon close inspection I
learned that it was "Custom Mfd. in China for RadioShack".  I sorta guessed
that it was chinkese even before I read that because everything in the store
is...

So I figured that when it broke, before I Clarici'ed it, I would take the tip
off of it because it has the round shank and will fit my old gun! Probably save
the little light bulb if it still works too. I was a little surprised when I
opened it up and found that there was absolutely NO paperwork with it.
Everything was printed on the outside of the box. Even more surprising was the
fact that NOWHERE on the box, in the box, or on the soldering gun does it say
ANYTHING about having a warranty!!! Not 30 days - NOTHING!

Seems that RadioSmak really stands behind the stuff that has their name on it!
They know how long it will last...

BTW, I used it to do two solders so far and it still works!

Kent
1960 Bugeye
1975 Midget - trailerparked queen