Re: List Tolerance (was Re: Politics vs. Actual LBC Content

To: "Ron Soave" <soavero@yahoo.com>, "Spridgets"
Subject: Re: List Tolerance (was Re: Politics vs. Actual LBC Content
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 23:03:43 -0600
>I do not want to start a thread, but I must comment at
> the backlash to Jackson's comments (I have not been
> keeping up to date lately due to volume, and saw the
> thread on his comments well after they were posted).

Ron,
I disagree. When you posted your remark, which
was decidedly insulting and fairly obviously intended
that way, I bit my tongue and kept quiet because I
feel that your contributions to this list have earned
you the right to say a bit more than I am willing to
take from some others. On the other hand, when
someone who has NOT contributed ANYTHING
to the list and who, moreover, has no intention to
do so, as evidenced by the fact that he subscribes
to the digest form which virtually eliminates any
possibility of a timely contribution, takes it upon
himself to criticize the content of the List, I see no
foul in the responses he drew. I will confess that I
wrote a rather acrimonious response, but it did not
get posted to the list. As Buster so aptly expressed
it, we are people who happen to enjoy Spridgets.
The List is a social group which, especially in cold
weather, tends to wander many avenues of thought.
Mark has thoughtfully provided a moderated digest
just for people like mr zimm. I stand by the remarks
I have made as well as the ones I did not post. We
are adults here as far as I can tell and responsible
for what we say. He had every right to say what he
did, but we also have every right to express our
opinions about his opinion as well as our opinions
about your opinion of our opinions on his opinion.
Hang on, I think I am getting dizzy here.

Simple truth of the matter is that none of us have
much actual control over the content of this List
other than Mark B, and ED has shown just how
tenuous even that "control" can be.

By the way, if you search the archives for
"Zimmerman", you will find more posts referencing
Bob Dylan than you will find from Jackson Zimmerman.
David Lieb