Re: PCV Valve

To: Dean Swanson <d.swanson@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: PCV Valve
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 21:42:57 -0500
Dean Swanson wrote:

> I will be putting a 1275 into my '62 Sprite soon and was wondering if it is
> better to use the PCV valves built into the newer 1275 SU carbs, or use a
> new PVC valve piped into the intake manifold?

Try the SU set up first.
Each 1275 seems to be different in it's PCV needs,
of the many I have had, some need little or no PCV, others work fine
from the SU tube
Another needs the PCV valve, and still others need all the help they can
get. SUs, PCV, fuel pump blanking plate vent, and sucked from the valve
cover, t/chain cover (my A40 is like that)

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ