Mag wheel painting?

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mag wheel painting?
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 15:18:50 -0700 (PDT)
I'm having a tough time googling/archive hunting. Mag
alloy wheels - is there an issue with prep/painting? I
have a set I want to clean up and rattle can with
Krylon metallic silver / clear ala 1/2 of the Rostyle
procedure that I've had excellent results with. I am
not going to use any stripping agents. I may soda
blast or media blast some stubborn areas, there will
likely be a coat of zinc primer. Is there any hazard
associated with this? I read one archive post where a
shop wouldn't paint a mag wheel unless they knew what
the original paint was. Urban legend? Serious hazard?
or ??

Thanks,
Ron