RE: LBC vs grass cutter...

To: "'Frank Clarici'" <spritenut@comcast.net>
Subject: RE: LBC vs grass cutter...
From: "Bud Osbourne" <abcoz@hky.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 10:17:41 -0500
Every time I see new lawn/garden power equipment, featuring OHV/twin
cams/cup holders and enough horsepower to run a Spridget (just to cut
the frickin' GRASS!!!), I thank GOD that I still have the same equipment
I acquired 20 to 47 years ago, to maintain my 10 acres of lawn, field &
woods.  It's all made in the USA, from a time in history when that
actually MEANT something.  Sure, I have to spend a few extra minutes to
lubricate and check everything, before I put it to work....but they
ALWAYS start quickly and get the job done right.
I change oil at regular intervals, service air cleaners at regular
intervals, keep blades sharp and/or properly adjusted (reels), and
anything else that's needed.  Also, I never let any of my machinery sit
outside, when not in service.  It's saved me PLENTY of money, over the
years, with which to spend on FUN stuff, like Spridgets.......speaking
of which; it sure will be nice when "driving season" is finally upon us,
again, and we can talk about SPRIDGETS, for a change.
Bud Osbourne