Re: Never seen this on a Sprite

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Never seen this on a Sprite
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 21:30:08 -0700 (PDT)
--- derf <derf247@gmail.com> wrote:

> Standard issue stuff for DCOE installs, no?

For bad ones, yes. For OK, a Holley and a gauge.

The round things are not regulators, where there is a
diaphragm with pressure on both sides of it to get
downstream feedback to move a restrictor to achieve a
setpoint pressure. The dial deals are just orifices in
a wheel. They provide a restriction to flow, As flow
goes up, the pressure drop through the orifice goes up
as a square function of the flow (go from 2 to 4 gpm,
and the pressure drop goes up by a factor of four. The
wheels do not control or regulate anything, they just
provide a restriction which will narrow the useful
power band of the carburetor. If anyone really feels
the need to to use one of the these dial a deal pieces
of junk, I'll take orders. A pressure regulator will
achieve a balance across it to achieve a setpoint.
They cost more, they work. They do droop unless you
design a "climber", but our cars work in narrow bands
where it doesn't much matter.

I'll try this again when sober if it's confusing.
Night all -

Be a PS3 game guru.