Re: Rear wheel cylinders 65 Midget???

To: "Rick Sorak" <528hemi@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Rear wheel cylinders 65 Midget???
From: Peter C <peter@nosimport.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 14:19:14 -0500
The original wheel cylinders are nearly identical to the Italian
wheel cylinders, 2 pistons, etc. etc.

The ONLY significant difference is in the internal construction.
Original Lockheed made in UK wheel cylinders had cups at the ends of
the 2 pistons. The replacement Italian cylinders use a seal that is
installed ON the piston. That is the more modern way of making wheel
cylinders.... most original equipment manufacturers of more modern
cars use a seal resident on the piston. I haven't had a call for
wheel cylinder kits for a "modern" car for over a decade. Everyone
just changes the whole thing. Not expensive.
I could go on, and on..........

         Peter C.
===