For Sale Seattle Area: Minor Convertible Project

To: morris@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net,
Subject: For Sale Seattle Area: Minor Convertible Project
From: rfeibusch1@earthlink.net (Richard Feibusch)
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 07:23:05 -0800
For Sale in Seattle Area: Minor Convertible Project

I am looking for a good home for my unfinished Morris Minor 1000
Convertible Project.  Health issues and an impending move requires
that I part with this automobile.  It is not a hopeless basketcase
but a very unique classic, nearing the final steps to completion.  I
have already spent most of the money needed and have stockpiled more
parts and components that I have time to list.  I have always kept
this automobile in a dry garage. I have already  removed the tired, old engine
and replaced it with a brand new, never started, 85 horsepower Datsun 1400 cc
engine with all new ancillary parts, i.e., water pump, carb, fuel pump,
distributer, etc.  This engine is backed up with an installed Datsun
5 speed transmissiion. This car started out as a 1960 2-door saloon.  I
purchased the "convertible kit" from the Morris Minor Centre in England which
includes everything to make the car into a convertible. There is even a slide
presentation on CDROM that will "walk" a person through every step of the
conversion process.  I have not chopped the roof off as of yet due to
unfinished frame strengthing that has been 75% completed.  About 8 more hours
of work to complete this phase.  The brakes have been professionally upgraded
to stock MGA disk brakes. I have all the old rims and hubcaps but included are
some very sharp, never installed, British MiniLite alloy wheels.  I have new
custom fit carpets ready to install, new chrome front and rear
bumpers, new grille and boxes of other new restoration items to numerous to
list. Included is a second, totally complete 1959 Morris 1000 that may even
start and run if coaxed enough.  It is included as a parts resource.  There is
also a pickup truck load of more spare engine and body parts.  I have good
titles for the two Morris's and a third title that goes with the pickup load of
parts. This car would be a great find for a talented auto body person although
not outside the skills of most mechanically inclined individuals. Also included
are books and manuals relating to this car. I am asking $2000 firm for
everything including many, many things not mentioned in this ad. I have
personally invested well over the $2K price over the years I have owned this
car and have left very little for the new owner to have to buy.  I am
advertising on this forum as I hope to sell this car to a good home and regret
that I am
unable to personally see it through completion.  Possible delivery
in the Northwest.

Tom     360-275-3389

Call please - no email