RE: 76 Midget trade on craigslist CT - Crash Tests

To: "Spridgets Digest" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 76 Midget trade on craigslist CT - Crash Tests
From: "Norm" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 21:57:47 -0400
The original VW Van was pretty scary.  I remember being a passenger in one &
while the driver was talking to me - and looking at me - we were approaching
a wrecker stopped at a light.  We were able to stop with the wrecker boom
still a couple of inches from the windshield.  But, it took a while to
remove the brown stains from the seats.

As for crash tests of the day - I may still have in my files a photo of an
MGB after a crash test.  It fared VERY well.  I don't remember the speed at
which it was done, but it only crushed back to the front wheels.  Granted
that time, metal fatigue & rust worms have taken their toll, but you might
be surprised at the strength of a Spridget in a similar front end crash.
Now, a side crash - that's another story.  That's why we install intrusion
bars in racecars.

Norm Sippel
'59 Turner