A more important anniversary

To: Spridgets net <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: A more important anniversary
From: Larry Macy <lmacy@phillymgclub.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 00:45:21 -0400
I was reminded today of an anniversary that is coming soon.

October 18, 1997 - A date that will live in infamy.

On October 18th, 1997, I received an announcement from MJB that a new
list was forming.  At that time I was a member of mgs@autox.team.net,
and had been for several years. As a Midget driver I was always
treated as an "also ran" by a good portion of the MGS list. Not all of
them mind you.

Now, this new list was set up to serve the community of MG Midgets and
A-H Sprites. The new list was to be called Spridgets. Well about 5
minutes after I got that email I was on the list and we were looking
to find out who was there.

As I recall, Gerard, Frank, Kevin, MySelf, Allen Hefner, and a couple
others (Nory, were you the first lady of the list??) were there in
just a few minutes. I think I am list member # 5 or 6.

This list was created by MJB mainly because Frank Clarici asked Mark
to create a list to get the Sprites away from the Big Healeys. But
since we are cousins, the list was set up to serve the Sprite/Midget
community. And we Midget drivers wanted a forum away from those MGB
folks as well.

Spridgets was first, and remains THE list to be on if you care about
Spridgets. We have grown out of that small group on 10/18/97 to nearly
400 today. We laugh, we cry, we give, we try. We are a COMMUNITY.
Nothing can take that away. Well a certain Salt Lake ISP did for 2
weeks, but a lot of us stayed in contact while we waited for the list
to come back. I, for one, did not go rushing off to one of "those"
lists, I waited patiently, my faith in Mark. And I was rewarded.
Spridgets came back!!!

Like all good SitComs, the Spridget list has created some "spin-offs".
Those so called lists on Yahoo. (See what Moderators do for a
Community, and please do NOT CC my list with your inane, cross-posted,
comments any more), and my favorite, OSHIT. The Organization of
Spridget Handymen In Transit. Ya need 'er done, if we can get there,
we'll get 'er done. (Ask Buster, Amy, Chris, me, and a few others)

Well, on October 18th, 2007, I will be quaffing a British brew in
salute of 10 GREAT years of the Spridgets list. I am hoping I will not
be alone in that, I am hoping all my Spridget buddies will be there,
or in some local pub with their local Sprideteers, quaffing a Lucas
cooled barley beverage (or their beverage of choice).

As the Sprite approaches 50, remember this list has been with it for
20% of it's life.

Happy 10 Spridgeteers

Larry
Spridgets@autox.team.net, 1/5 of the age of the Sprite!!