Wussies!!!

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@comcast.net>
Subject: Wussies!!!
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 14:43:41 -0500
Come on, you wussies!!  I do around 10K miles of travel to rallies
every year on various motorcycles. This includes one that is older
than my Midget!  I guarantee I have a lot less luggage space than the
Midget, its dangerous to drink or eat while driving, I'm far more
exposed to the elements, the bike goes 250 miles between gas stops (my
Midget is about half of that) and the seating position is far more
limited too. Moreover, I am in my early 60s.

For the sun you use SPF 15 or higher sunscreen and refresh it often.
Also use some sort of headwear, wear sun glasses and a light colored,
light fabric long sleeve shirt. Driving gloves are nice. For rain you
put on a rain jacket and eye protection. For cold you wear motorcycle
touring clothes - you'll stay nice and warm and dry as well.

Driving long trips in the Midget will be a snap compared to the bikes.
I just have to make sure I have all the mechanics and electrics in top
notch condition before heading out. I always pack tools and a few
critical spares on the bike so I will do the same with the Midget....

Cheers!!
Jim - 68 Midget in Dodge City