Re: WOT - Small Engine Rant

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: WOT - Small Engine Rant
From: David Ambrose <stargazer1@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 16:14:23 -0700
chuck wrote:

> When did they start using that cheap junky plastic for fuel lines
> in chainsaws, weed eaters, mowers, etc??? Damned things
> age and dry and crack. And they run the lines in the most difficult to
> access places! (Can you tell what I have been fixing lot's of
> lately??)  Aaaarrrggghhhh!

Hoses started going bad when we started using ethanol as a gasoline
additive. Had no end of problems with the gas engines in boats because
the rubber wasn't formulated to resist that fuel mix. The hoses supplied
probably work fine in China where they have no ethanol in their fuel.

Cheers,
Dave Ambrose

--
------
Sure, "Scrum" is a weird name, but "Assault and Battery" was already taken.