Re: China bashing--Now LEC reading times

To: David Lieb <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Subject: Re: China bashing--Now LEC reading times
From: b-evans@earthlink.net
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 17:02:45 -0700
> David Lieb wrote:  "You will be happy to know that I am hosting a
> rally on Cinco de Maio and there is not one Mexican reference in the
> whole thing"

Our daughter's in-laws, who live in America, are part of a fine old line
Mexican family.  They can't understand all this hoopty-do in the United
States about "cinco de mayo", for it is not the Mexican independence day
(September 16).  It is really just celebrated in the state of Puebla
where on May 5, 1862, the Mexicans defeated an army of France's Napoleon
III.  So why did it become a big deal in the U.S.?  I can't give them an
answer.

(My great regret is that my son-in-law's family lost everything in the
revolution of the early 20th century.  You see, his great-grandfather
was the largest rancher in the world, with over a million acres on one
of his ranchos in Chiahuahua, with 10,000 American and Mexican cowboys,
and 100,000 head of cattle.  They lost it all in the revolution.).

Buster Evans