Re: Can we make them here any more? NOW: Guns, Hit Delete!, Oh,

To: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Can we make them here any more? NOW: Guns, Hit Delete!, Oh,
From: b-evans@earthlink.net
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 20:33:05 -0700
> derf wrote:  "I've built guns for law enforcement officers and one
> Marine officer pilot who flys C-47s(I think)."

Alas, I believe you will find the military inventorys bare of any the
Air Corps/Force C-47s and C-53's, the Navy  R4Ds, or Marine  AC47 (not
to mention the Japanese Showa L2D and Russian Lisunov Li-2).  Born in
1935, even the now youngest DC-3 chasis is 62 years old.  Throughout
their venerable career, they were called the Douglas Sleeper Transport,
the Skytrain,  the Skytrooper, the Dak, the Dakota, the Doug, the Tabby,
the Spooky, Puff the Magic Dragon, and of course, the Gooney Bird.
Unquestionably the significant and endurable aircraft ever built, almost
15,000 of them rolled off the lines at Santa Monica and Long Beach,
California, and Oklahoma City and Tulsa, Oklahoma, as well as those
built under license in Japan (before WWII) and Russia (during WWII).
Today, there are still around 600 of them in private hands, including
many on schedule airlines.

Yep, I have a thing for them, cause Dad built them.  Take it from
someone who has, anyone who has flown THROUGH the Rockies on one engine
loves them to death!!!!

Buster Evans