RE: Bonnet Alignment and rubber strip

To: "'Frank Clarici'" <spritenut@comcast.net>, <JMFarley50@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Bonnet Alignment and rubber strip
From: "Philip Nase" <nases@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 20:51:30 -0400
Ok.  While we're talking about bonnet fitment.  Was the rubber strip on the
bugeye rain channel original.  I read somewhere it was not.
I'm not trying to start another chrome vs. gold thread but I would like to
know.

Phil Nase
Qtown, PA

> The rear of the bonnet on my bugeye is a half an inch or more  higher
> that the cowl when closed.

I had a pair of hinges that must have been bent UP somewhere along the way.
I had the same problem with the 58 and it wasn't til I grabbed a different
set of hinges that I saw it.
Or is it Bugeye hinges are different from MKII hinges? They look the same
but, did someone manage to bend a pair perfectly even? And bent upwards at
that.
I can see how they can be bent up if someone tried to push down on the
bonnet with the bonnet stays locked up. Other than that, I don't know.
Also that rubber strip will make for an ill fitting bonnet.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ