Re: Breaking the SILENCE No LBC

To: sprideteer@yahoo.com, Spridgets@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Breaking the SILENCE No LBC
From: b-evans@earthlink.net
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 11:10:39 -0700
  sprideteer wrote:  'Know what the gun-nut response to this is? "Make
all students and teachers carry concealed weapons".'

Such irony.  In 2005, Virginia Tech disciplined a student for bringing a
handgun to class, although he had a permit to carry a concealed gun.  In
June of that year, the trustees of VT approved "a violence prevention
policy" forbidding students or employees from carrying gun.  That led to
an attempt in the Virginia legislature to permit students to carry guns:

                                             http://tinyurl.com/3bj66v

I really don't care on which side of the issue anyone stands, they must
surely rethink the massacre had the law been passed.

All of this reminds me of  when I was a cop and the chief of police
(COP)  required all sworn personnel to carry a .38 off-duty.  I was
taking classes at Long Beach State, and in a biology lab, I would take
my coat off and unobtrusively put my gun in the inside pocket, and put
it in a sack under my feet.  Of course, I still had a empty holster on
my belt.  The trendy lefty professor got pissy about it, and turned me
into the Vice President

The Vice President of Long Beach State called me in, and told me it was
against the law for a police officer to carry a gun off-duty.  I told
him that if he could show me the code section, I would certainly take it
up with the COP.  Well, he said, actually, it was against the Penal Code
for an off-duty officer to carry a gun on campus.  I told him that if he
could show me the code section, I would certainly take it up with the
COP.  Well, he said, it was against the Education Code, and I gave him
the same reply.  Finally, he said it was against campus regulations for
anyone to carry a gun on campus (their rent-a-cops didn't).  When I told
him if he could show me regulation, I would certainly take it up with
the COP, he did!!!  It carried that day's date.

Finally, I told him he could call the COP, and if the COP would allow me
not to wear it at the university, I would certainly comply.  Well, the
pompus ass called O.C. Foster, a real cop's cop with the respect of a
Bill Parker.  O.C. told him that I if I did not carry my gun at all
times when I was off-duty, including the university, not to come back to
work!!!!

Buster Evans