Fuel pump problem

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel pump problem
From: caws52803@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 11:27:06 -0400
After my Bugeye was in storage for 8 years, I needed to replace all the master
& slave cylinders.  The fuel pump was also ruined.
I purchased one from the local auto store, but the pressure was too great and
flooded the carbs.  I returned it and ordered the correct one from Ed.  The
pressure was about 5 psi.
That failed and I was towed back to the shop again.
Installed needles in the carbs.
Failed and towed a second time.
Ran longer this time, but luckily failed in front of a repair shop.
They are claiming that the pressure is still too great as the gas shoots up in
a stream and he spoke about a restricker.
Any help out there in Sprite Land?
Rudy in NC
AOL at AOL.com.