Second Try. Burning Oil - Fouling Plugs. Revisited.

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Second Try. Burning Oil - Fouling Plugs. Revisited.
From: Doug Altman <doug_altman@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 09:02:19 -0700 (PDT)
As suggested, I used the worksheet from Ed at "Just Brits" to document

 my compression results.  As mentioned earlier, it is a 1959 AN5L

9C-U-H 948, and has smoked since being rebuilt by a local mechanic

 (hack?) five years ago and only has about 5000 miles on the rebuild.

  Looking at the numbers, does it appear I need to do cylinder work?

 Head work?  Just honing and rings?  More than that?  Suggestions are

appreciated and I plan to do the work myself this time - that way it

will be done right!

    Compression Test Results

    (Throttles Open)

    Cold