Re: Back to EGT's

To: <lewing@sport.rr.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Back to EGT's
From: "Deikis, John G" <John.Deikis@va.gov>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 08:41:21 -0400
A little late with a response, but...

I use the same gauge Suave Man gave the link to-dual gauge with crossing
needles so it's easy to see if they are balanced.

I have a thermocouple in #1 and #4 header pipe.

Got it from Pegasus.

Car ran great before I put in the gauge.  Once I installed it and
started watching EGTs, I started holing pistons. No matter what I did,
my EGT's were up around 1400 on hard running.  I believe these gauges
cause hot running. Sometimes what you don't know won't hurt you. (I
never ask my wife what she's been up to while I've been out at sea.) ;-)

JohnD