RE: Pierce head

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Pierce head
From: "Robert Duquette" <RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 10:27:06 -0400
This always intrigues me:
http://www.minimania.com/web/Item/C-AHT345%2FSTAGE1/AddedFrom/Search2-HEAD/I
nvDetail.cfm

Tear it apart guys!  :)

-----Original Message-----
On Behalf Of Andy Webster

Hi,
  I've been following this topic with interest.
  For me to get my 12G1316 head tweaked for unleaded fuel is going to cost
about AUD$500, and about the same again for a bit of porting.
  Given those kinds of outlay I have been considering buying an alloy head
for what really is about the same sort of $$.
  The cheapest price I have found so far has been rivergate, cheaper than
buying direct from Pierce, and cheaper than the ones in B.I.N off ebay, or
rather, on ebay.
  If anyone has any other sources worth noting...can they let me know?
  cheers
  Andy

"Robert E. Shlafer" <pilotrob@webtv.net> wrote:
  "12K"

Ok. Assuming you take good care of your motor (and I'm quite sure you do:),
let's see
what the service life is like at 12.0-1 on unleaded pump premium, which I am
ass-u-me(ng) you are using.

I hope it's decent, 'cause I'd sure like to go a little higher myself in
terms of CR.

Thanx for the info., Larry. :)

Cap'n. Bob '60 :{)