RE: Spotted dick

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Spotted dick
From: "Jacques Le Clainche" <hobbycars@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 16:37:45 -0700
Acutally, while I was fond of (and maybe somewhat strange to "foreign
palates") British delicacies such as pickled onions, fish and chips (plaice,
not cod, and with malt vinegar, of course), Triffle, Christmas Pudding, and
mince pies, I never liked Spotted Dick much. If my memory serves me right,
it is a sponge cake, and I remember one of the three or so ingredients was
suet. I think it's only famous because of the name!

I also liked Banks Bitter - wonder if they still serve that in the Black
Country!

JLC

LAD wrote:
Hell, Daniel, I just want to know what the heck it is!

LAD